An album of traditional and ethnic Christmas carols
“This recording is truly one of the most exciting Christmas harp recordings released in recent times. Christina’s mastery of the harp and her creative ability to compose and arrange is indescribable!
Joining Christina on this album of traditional and ethnic carols are Karen Kevra on flute and Judith Hitt on cello. Christina uses a variety of bells to let us know that Christmas is ringing throughout the land.
Her original composition with words, Little Dove, describes the deepest feelings of the holiday season. This is the kind of recording you will want to listen to over and over.” – J.D.
This album is also available on CD please select the option for “physical copy”
Here’s a sound file (that you can also download) with a sample from each track
Track listing: (CLICK on the track to jump to another part of the sample…)
- Ding Dong, Merrily on High (2:00) Arranged by Elizabeth Farr
- In the Bleak Mid-Winter (2:31) Gustav Holst – arranged by Christina Tourin
- Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day (2:27) Arranged by John Rutter. (Transcription for flute, cello and harp by Christina Tourin, by permission of the composer and the publisher)
- How Far is it to Bethlehem? (2:00) English Traditional Carol
- Lulajze Jezuniu (1:54) Polish Traditional Lullaby
- In Dulci Jubilo (1:46) Old German Carol – arranged by John Rutter
- Andante (5:52) Antonio Vivaldi
- Quem Pastores laudavere (2:26) German 14th Century with John Tallis Canon by Karen Kevra (flute), Judith Hitt (cello)
- Il est Né, Le Divin Enfant (2:17) French Traditional – arranged by Ray Pool
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (1:53) English Traditional Carol
- Greensleeves (5:48) English Traditional
- Away in a Manger (3.18) W.J.Kirkpatrick
- Mizerna Cicha (Only a Manger Bed) (2.20) Traditional
- Little Dove (3.33) Christina Tourin
- Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming (1:54) German Carol arranged by Christina Tourin
- Personent Hodie (1:53) German Melody 1360
- The First Noel (2.29) English Traditional Carol
- Silent Night (4:29) Franz Gruber
(Total Length: 51:19)
Harp & keyboards: Christina Tourin
Flute: Karen Kevra
Cello: Judith Hitt
Additional keyboards: Chas Eller & Lane Gibson
Vocals: Sarah Thyng
Harp used in this recording: Hidden Valley Harps – Petite Model
All compositions © 1995 by Christina Tourin.
Copyright: 2008 Emerald Harp Productions
Recorded 1995 Chas Eller Studios, Charlotte, VT.
Engineer: Lane Gibson