Cradle of Sound
Christina’s compositions and arrangements are superbly transcribed into clear notation for harpists of all levels to enjoy.
Harp Therapy Manual and Heaven’s Seven
Christina Tourin’s 600-page Cradle of Sound: the Harp Therapy Manual is widely regarded as the most complete and comprehensive book ever offered in the ever-expanding field of harp therapy.
Written by one of the world’s pioneers in therapeutic music, the Harp Therapy Manual addresses over 100 specific topics and aims to cover everything you could ever wish to know about harp therapy – including helpful practical information on how to become a professional harp therapy practitioner working in a variety of arenas particularly within healthcare and community services.
This ‘landmark’ guidebook/manual is central to the courses offered by the IHTP (International Harp Therapy Program) as well as an ideal companion for students of the 10-part Creative Harping Series.
Celestial Harp Music for Healing
Heaven’s Seven is a compilation of music that is perfect for relaxation, as well as massage sessions and other healing modalities such as reiki, aromatherapy, energy balancing, etc.
This MP3 Download contains seven energy centers of sound vibrations (C, D, E, F, G, A, B). Each of the seven chakras begins with the correlating musical tone which establishes the resonance to match an individual person. People will find their resonant tones by identifying with the keys of music that hold each of the seven collections of tunes.
Within each of the tonal centers (C, D, E, etc.) the music begins in a reflective (inward) modality and journeys toward an uplifting (outreaching) mood. Each chakra is cleared with an ethereal series of glissandos on the harp.
Used in conjunction with healing sessions, the energies can overlap like landings on a spiral staircase, to create a beautiful, total, harmonious experience.
Spirals of energy frequencies embrace everything from matter to flavors, to aromas, to soundwaves, to visible light, to Spirit energy.
Especially beautiful is the ending crown center composition which Christina composed entitled: Om Usui Sama Hung.
Christina does not claim a strict or fixed correlation of any of these groupings to address any one particular chakra. She has purposely left the subject open in order to let the recipient be the one who chooses which of the groupings speak to an area in their body that soothes and stimulates their own vibrational relationship to the sounds at that particular time in their life.
“Spirals of energy frequencies embrace everything from matter to flavors, to aromas, to soundwaves, to visible light, to Spirit energy.“
Note: Heaven’s Seven is included with the comprehensive and ground-breaking book, the Harp Therapy Manual, which is now available as a download as well as in print form.
Exploring the expanding world of Harp Therapy – start here!
If you have a keen interest in entering the world of harp therapy and are still researching the various courses and trainings on offer from the various organizations around the world, then the Harp Therapy Manual can provide the most comprehensive and helpful place to start – and is likely to become a personal core textbook throughout your studies, regardless of which program or route you ultimately choose.
It is a must-have resource for anyone with an interest in the therapeutic powers of music, including musicians, artists, therapists, medical professionals, researchers, sound healers, alternative health practitioners, caregivers – anyone who wishes to use music as a healing, life-giving medium.
The MP3 album-download is also included (Heaven’s Seven)
The Harp Therapy Manual comes with 74 minutes of MP3 files, Heaven’s Seven: Music for Healing Sessions – a recording of celestial harp music that demonstrates how sound vibration modalities create a harmonious experience. The CD can be used as part of the practical learning program offered by the manual, as well as during therapy sessions. (When you purchase the PDF version of the Manual, you also receive 7 MP3 files)(repeating)
The Manual includes special contributions by: Donald Campbell, Joshua Leeds, Fabian Maman, Jeff Volk and other leaders in the field of Sound and Healing.
Download your copy now…
As an alternative to the traditional ‘weighty tome’ (at nearly 600 pages, it really is!) the Harp Therapy Manual is now available here as a PDF-file download.
• History, research and data: up-to-date statistics and information about Harp Therapy as well as its origins
• Documented stories: true accounts that show how Harp Therapy has transformed patients’ lives
• Personal glimpses: expert insights from the author about the Harp Therapy movement
• Medical Curriculum: interactive work, ethics and etiquette in hospitals and other healing environments. Familiarity with hospital protocols as well as ward facilities and machines.
• Musical knowledge: including improvisation techniques, understanding modes, intervals, tempo, tonal quality and other musical elements
• Musical techniques: including entrainment, inclusive attention, resonant tone, vibro-acoustics
• Sensitivity to subtle energies: including energy patterns, chakras, Chinese Five Elements, Tai Chi
• Mysticism and Science: Music of the Spheres, near-death and out-of-body experiences
• Instances where the harp can be used: Alzheimer’s disease, Attention Deficit Disorder, Anxiety, Autism, Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Coma, Dentistry, Hearing Impaired, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis, Neo-Natal, Palliative Care, Parkinson’s disease, Pediatrics, etc.
• Where the harp can be used: Prisons, Psychiatric Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, Tai Chi Centers, Disaster Relief Situations, Military Establishments
• Other Healing modalities: The possible interrelation with other healing modalities and therapies such as Alexander Technique, Reiki, Resonant Kinesiology, Aromatherapy, Toning, Transactional Analysis, NLP and Counseling
• Starting a vocational practice: getting training and jobs, marketing, promoting harp therapy, etc.
• The relationship between Music Therapy and Harp Therapy
• Hospices and the dying process
• The grieving process
• Working with pets and other animals
• Useful Resources: sources of suitable music, buying a harp for therapeutic use, The National Certification requirements for Therapeutic Musicians in the USA
• And much, much more!
A final word from the author, Christina Tourin
For the future, I would like to see the union of science and spirituality become an accepted everyday occurrence. Unifying the intuitive and mystical practices of the first millennium with the advances of science developed in the second millennium, I look forward to the acceptance of both qualitative and quantitative outlooks of healing as we enter into our third millennium. The grace and power of Spirit is so essential to our well-being – and with music, we can enter into these mystical realms.