Composed by: Christina Tourin
When I came across this quote, “Music is not what I do. It’s who I am.”, it rang true in my soul. For as long as I remember, I have been surrounded by beautiful music starting with my mother playing Ravel and Debussy on the harp when I was born and during my childhood. Throughout my life I experienced classical masterpieces, Early Music, Celtic Traditionals, music from other countries, improvisational jazz, upbeat bluegrass, and favourite pop tunes. There always has been a tune in my head, it is the way I relate to the world, and there were always melodies that would trickle down from the heavens. I have been most fortunate to meet wonderful musician friends with whom I love to collaborate on these little sparkles that illumine my whole being through the generosity of the Creator. Music IS Love.
I came upon some lovely quotes that I would like to share. The first are by Pablo Casals 1876-1973, an amazing Spanish cellist.
- “In music, in the sea, in a flower, in a leaf, in an act of kindness…..I see what people call God in all these things.”
- “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.”
- “Music will save the world.”
- Aldous Huxley wrote: “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.”
- “Music expresses that which cannot remain silent and that which cannot be put into words.” – Victor Hugo
- And lastly, “If Music Be the Food of Love, Play On” – Shakespeare.
Christina and Avalon Tourin – Music IS Love
Click on the track below to listen to the composition.